Swimming pool heater is a must for those who desire to enjoy the swimming pool all throughout the year, even during the winter. However, everyone cannot afford to buy a swimming pool heater which is expensive.
Thus, it is better to make a solar pool heater at home. A home-made solar pool heater can be as efficient as the readymade pool heaters available in the stores.
You don’t need have much technical knowledge to build and install a homemade solar pool heater. It is not too complicated to build a home-made solar pool heater. The materials needed for building this solar pool heater are not much expensive.
How Does A Home-made Solar Pool Heater Function?
Homemade solar pool heaters work by capturing sunlight inside the solar cells and then transforming them to use able energy. The sunbeams are entrapped on a glass window panel on which there are tubes placed in a crisscrossed manner. These tubes have in them the swimming pool water which is pumped to and from the swimming pool itself. The water extracted from the pool is heated and then again put back into the pool.
Materials Needed For Building A Home-made Solar Pool Heater
- A swimming pool with a pump
- PVC tubing (black)
- PVC adhesive
- 1-gate valve
- 1 ladder
- 2-T connectors
Home-made Solar Pool Heater: Building Process
Follow the steps stated below to make a home-made solar pool heater:
- Take the black tubing and coil it in such a way that it creates a flat spiral. Place it either on the ground or on the roof. Use two or more number of coils to warm up your pool water.
- Find out the line that puts back water to your swimming pool from the pump. Set up a gate valve between the pool and the pump. Use the T connector between the swimming pool and the pump to bring water from the roof and to coil back to the line which feeds the swimming pool.
- Link a line from the initial T to the coils set up on the roof or ground to bring cold water to the solar heater. Link another line to the second T to put back hot water to the swimming pool.
- Set the flow with the gate valve.
Remember, your pump needs to be on the timer which turns it on at regular intervals. After the gate valve is set properly, the pump will pass water smoothly through the black tubing.
Following the above steps, you can make several heaters and connect them together to raise the output temperature. It will take about 2 hours to make a solar pool heater for an average sized pool.Tags: Home-made Solar Pool Heater, Home-made Solar Pool Heaters, Solar Pool Heater, Solar Pool Heaters