Electric infrared heaters are one of the most popular heaters now available. As the name suggests, these heaters use electricity as power source for their operation.
The wattage of these heaters ranges between 300 w and 1500 w. The low watt electric infrared heaters are efficient and emit about 90% energy they utilize as heat. You can use these heaters for both residential and work place use.
These are also perfect for infrared sauna heating. They function on the principle of heat exchange through radiation.
Electric Infrared Heaters: Types
Looking from the perspective of wavelengths, electric infrared heaters can be classified into three types. They are:
- Short-wave Infrared Heaters: This type of infrared heater operates at a filament temperature of 1800°C or more. Short-wave infrared heater is usually used for heating silica.
- Medium-wave Infrared Heaters: This sort of heater uses a filament temperature of 1000°C with 60 KW ceiling power per square meter.
- Long-wave Infrared Heaters: Long-wave heaters give off low temperatures and used in saunas.
Electric Infrared Heaters: Primary Benefits
The immense popularity of electric infrared heaters is due to the bunch of merits that this heating appliance owns. Let us talk about the chief benefits that these heaters possess;
- Most of this type of heaters is programmable. They possess safety switches and many wattage settings which can be easily adjusted to suit your needs.
- One of the chief benefits of these heaters is they do not produce crackling and popping sound as produced by other heaters.
- These infrared heaters produce radiant which warms up the rooms uniformly and do not lower humidity or oxygen. Thus, they do not cause dry sinuses.
- These heaters operate faster. Turn on the heater when you want to heat up your room, the room will get heated up within a short span of time.
- These heaters are environment-friendly since they do not give out any emissions. Thus, you can safely use them indoors.
- You can install these heaters anywhere in your room. Whether it is a corner or the ceiling, you can choose it as a place for installing electric infrared heater.
Popular Electric Infrared Heaters
Comfort Zone and EdenPure are two most popular brands of electric infrared heater. Heaters belong to these brands function well. They are efficient and affordable. Comfort Zone infrared heaters are extremely durable. The electric infrared heaters of EdenPure run an average of five thousand hours before replacement becomes a necessity.Tags: Electric Infrared Heater, Electric Infrared Heaters, Infrared Heater, Infrared Heaters